Advancing Renewables Programme
The Advancing Renewables Programme supports a broad range of development, demonstration and pre-commercial deployment projects that have the potential to lower the cost and increase the use of renewable energy technologies in Australia in the long term.
Objective and outcomes
The programme’s objective is to fund activities that contribute to one or more of the following outcomes:
- reduction in the cost of renewable energy
- increase in the value delivered by renewable energy
- improvement in technology readiness and commercial readiness of renewable energy
- reduction in or removal of barriers to renewable energy uptake
- increased skills, capacity and knowledge relevant to renewable energy.
Large-scale solar photovoltaics – competitive round
The large-scale solar PV competitive round aims to support further cost reduction in large-scale solar PV. ARENA has allocated $100 million to support large-scale solar PV projects selected through the round.
To qualify for funding under this programme, activities must meet the eligibility and merit criteria outlined in the Programme Guidelines, and either involve a renewable energy technology or methods including desktop studies and analysis that have the potential to contribute to the programme outcomes.
The renewable energy technologies may include hybrid technologies and technologies that are related to renewable energy technologies (including enabling technologies).
Applicants need to be incorporated under the Corporations Act (Cth) unless they are applying for funding for desktop studies and analysis that do not include research (TRL 1-3). Unincorporated entities such as universities and not-for-profits can also partner with an incorporated entity to help deliver a pilot, demonstration or pre-commercial deployment activity, where this activity is led by the incorporated entity.
How to apply
- Read the Programme Guidelines (PDF 2MB) | (DOCX 226KB)
- Read our investment focus areas to check how well your project aligns
- Contact ARENA at email@example.com or 1800 804 847 to discuss your proposal
- Submit your proposal via ARENANet.
- Funding Agreement template – standard projects (PDF 602KB) | (DOCX 368KB)
- Funding Agreement template – desktop studies and analysis (PDF 604KB) | (DOCX 600KB)
- Estimating costs of electricity (PDF 161KB) | (DOCX 114KB)
- Technology Readiness Level (PDF 150KB) | (DOCX 114KB)
- Budget and Funding Sources form (XLSX 51KB) | (PDF 48KB)
- Compliance table template (PDF 66KB) | (DOCX 142KB)
- Declaration of Compliance for Construction Activity template (PDF 118KB) | (DOCX 98KB)
- Intellectual Property Management Plan template (PDF 79KB) | (DOCX 57KB)
- Knowledge Sharing Plan template (PDF 128KB) | (DOCX 78KB)
- Knowledge Sharing Plan template – desktop studies and analysis (PDF 88KB) | (DOCX 38KB)
- Risk Management Plan template (PDF 187KB) | (DOCX 78KB)