Emerging Renewables Program
The Emerging Renewables Program (ERP) supports a broad range of development, demonstration and early stage deployment projects that have the potential to lower the cost and increase the use of renewable energy technologies in Australia.
ERP projects help to develop renewable energy technologies that have the best chance of providing competitively-priced energy for Australia in the long term, as well as building the skills and knowledge needed to develop future projects.
New applications for the program are now closed.
There are ERP projects in a range of renewable energy technologies. View project map
Projects and measures
The program includes funding for measures that fill critical knowledge gaps in the industry as well as projects that overcome barriers to large scale renewable energy projects in regional or remote Australia.
Projects are activities that develop a renewable energy technology along the commercialisation pathway or remove or reduce a roadblock to deliver ARENA’s strategic initiatives.
Measures are knowledge sharing activities, preparatory activities for projects or industry development and capacity building activities.
- Budget and Funding Sources form (XLSX 50KB) | (PDF 59KB)
- Compliance Table template (PDF 66KB) | (DOC 142KB)
- Declaration of Compliance for Construction Activity template (PDF 118KB) | (DOC 98KB)
- Risk Management Plan template (PDF 378KB) | (DOC 75KB)
- Knowledge Sharing Plan template – Projects (updated 26 May 2014) (PDF 523KB) | (DOCX 79KB)
- Knowledge Sharing Plan template – Measures (updated 26 May 2014) (PDF 387KB) | (DOCX 38KB)
- Intellectual Property Management Plan template (PDF 200KB) | (DOCX 57KB)
- Estimating the Project’s Cost of Electricity (PDF 61KB) | (DOC 87KB)Technology Readiness Levels – TRL (PDF 41KB) | (DOC 66KB)
- ERP Funding Agreement template – Projects (PDF 656KB) | (DOC 606KB)
- ERP Funding Agreement template – Measures (PDF 635KB) | (DOC 496KB)