Large-scale solarProject AGL Solar Project
This report identifies the local supply chain conditions for the Nyngan Solar Plant.
- Local supply chain is non-existent for standard products in foreign markets (e.g. I-Beam posts used in the USA could not be sourced in Australia)
- For imported products, foreign suppliers are often unfamiliar with Australia Standards and sometimes with export requirements
- Imported products increase lead time and shipping costs
- Local suppliers unfamiliar with the technical requirements of Utility scale Solar Farms
- Local suppliers have a higher expectation of specification level than US suppliers i.e. the Australian expectation is a fully engineered design specifications not a performance specification. This results in more time and resources being dedicated early on in the project.