Distributed energy resourcesProject Advanced VPP Grid Integration
Report: Detailed Technical Description of VPP API Implementation (PDF 650KB)
This is a preliminary report for SA Power Networks’ Advanced VPP Grid Integration Project. This report provides a technical description of VPP API implementation and explains how the different technologies fit, the user interaction points, data storage, configuration details and data structures to provide a detailed understanding of the solution. This document is intended to be read in conjunction with the API specification published in the API development portal.
To enable effective DER management, SA Power Networks is pursuing additional capabilities and supporting information. These align to three key themes:
- Improved LV Network modelling and operational visibility
- Advanced analytics to enable dynamic DER management
- Standardised and secure interfaces to DER installers and operators
The capabilities required to service VPPs and maintain the integrity of the network are grouped into 3 API categories:
- Registration – VPP communication of DER attributes and settings to SAPN’s VPP solution
- Monitoring – VPP communication of ongoing DER telemetry
- Operating Envelope – SAPN’s VPP solution communication of network capacity for DER generation.