About the workstream
The Distributed Energy Integration Program (DEIP) Access and Pricing Workstream examined how network regulations could evolve to address emerging challenges and optimise opportunities from distributed energy for the benefit of all energy users.
The workstream engaged with industry through several collaboration activities to:
- define customer centred, equitable and efficient network access and pricing principles
- consider alternative DER access and pricing models
- support the creation of momentum for any necessary reforms
The Access and Pricing Working Group facilitated an industry consultation process which involved three workshops attended by 120 continuing participants and six reference group meetings attended by 30 industry representatives. The Working Group consisted of:
- Australian Council of Social Service (ACOSS)
- Australian Energy Market Commission (AEMC)
- Australian Energy Regulator (AER)
- Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)
- Energy Consumers Australia (ECA)
- Energy Networks Australia (ENA)
- Public Interest Advocacy Centre (PIAC)
- Total Environment Centre (TEC)
Microgrids are unlocking reliable, affordable renewable energy for remote populations.
A new study will scope the feasibility of producing renewable hydrogen in Gladstone for the Japanese market.
As ARENA launches a new investment plan, CEO Darren Miller speaks to our ReWired podcast to explain how renewables could soon shake up the heaviest of heavy industries.