About the EV group
Our purpose is to:
- provide a central forum for key industry and government stakeholders to collaborate and coordinate EV activities
- approach EVs from an energy sector perspective but with transport and infrastructure partners
- promote policy and regulatory development before wide scale EV adoption begins.
We have undertaken a discovery phase to identify risks and opportunities, potential high priority actions and related pieces of work. This phase concluded with a workshop in December 2019, which aimed to:
- prioritise EV opportunities and issues
- agree on areas of focus for the working group
- begin establishing task forces and foundations of the 2020 work plan.
We are currently considering the outcomes of the workshop and designing the task forces to be implemented in 2020.
DEIP EV Working Group Materials
The Electric Vehicle Grid Integration Working Group consists of 9 organisations:
- Australian Renewable Energy Agency
- Australian Energy Market Operator
- Australian Energy Regulator
- Australian Energy Market Commission
- Electric Vehicle Council
- Australian Energy Council
- Energy Networks Australia
- The Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
- Energy Consumers Australia
ARENA’s 2019-20 Annual Report shows Australia’s renewable energy transition is entering a new phase.Read more
New homes that produce more energy than they consume will be built at a development in Sydney’s south-west.Read more
Households with solar in constrained parts of the electricity network stand to profit from new inverter technology.Read more