Demand responseProject Enel X Demand Response Project
This report provides an overview of the demand response provided by Enel X across New South Wales and Victoria for the ARENA Demand Response Trial. The knowledge shared is for the period between 1 June 2019 to 30 November 2019.
Consistent with Enel X’s previous knowledge sharing reports, this report:
- describes Enel X’s technology used to provide DR, including the software and hardware solutions used to monitor customer load and remotely initiate curtailment
- provides a summary of Enel X’s DR business model and the pricing structures and incentives for recruiting customers
- Enel X lists the various industries from which Enel X has recruited its commercial and industrial (C&I) customers. A full list of customer types and their general locations is in Appendix 1.
This report also sets out the knowledge and experiences gained by Enel X during the reporting period, including:
- Enel X details of the test undertaken in June 2019 (‘winter 19 test’) for Program Period #4
- Enel X details of the two test events in November 2019 (‘summer 19/20 test’) during Program Period #4
- Summary of lessons learnt from the operation of the project during this period, including Enel X’s reflections on the reduced baseline demand on working days before and after public holiday periods, including Queens Birthday, Melbourne Cup Day (VIC), and the Christmas/New Year’s period.