How we are governed
We were established by the Australian Renewable Energy Agency Act 2011, and we are governed by the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013.
Other important documents
- Australian Renewable Energy Act Regulation 2016
- Statement of Expectation – Minister Frydenberg – 23 Nov 2016 (PDF 1MB)
- Statement of Intent – Chair Letter to Minister Frydenberg – 15 Dec 2016 (PDF 116KB)
- ARENA (General Funding Strategy) Determination 2018
- ARENA’s Executive Remuneration Report
Meeting the Senate Order on Departmental and Agency Contracts Listings
On 20 June 2001, the Senate agreed to an Order for each Minister to table a letter of advice to their respective agencies ensuring that a list of contracts must be placed on the internet through the agency’s home page.
From 1 July 2017, the Senate Order also applied to corporate Commonwealth entities (CCEs) including ARENA. The estimated cost of complying with this order is $10,490 based on the estimated number of hours involved to collect, analyse and compile the information and applying salary costs and on-costs.
Senate Order for entity contracts listings:
Could the most common element in the universe be the key to a future powered by renewables?Read more
A new centre will investigate the feasibility of blending hydrogen into the Victorian and South Australian gas networks.Read more