Analysts (Multiple positions)
- Position no: 3491278
- Location: Sydney
About the Position
ARENA is looking to engage several Analysts in its Business Development & Transactions (BD&T) team. As an Analyst, you will identify potential projects or technologies that align with ARENA’s strategic priorities, and develop them into high-impact investment opportunities for ARENA.
In addition, you will:
- Actively engage with stakeholders across industry, research and government to identify and develop quality funding applications
Analyse opportunities, including financial modelling, market research and assessment of risk, and undertake appropriate due diligence
- Present opportunities to Advisory Panels, the ARENA Board and Investment Committees
- Work with internal teams to negotiate and finalise contractual arrangements
- Manage multiple concurrent projects across a broad range of technologies from conception to financial close
- Actively represent ARENA at industry events
- Develop and share a broad knowledge base within the industry.
The successful applicant will demonstrate 2-5 years’ relevant professional experience. Supported by relevant tertiary qualifications in Finance, Business, Engineering or equivalent, you will ideally bring the following attitudes, skills, and experience:
- strong enthusiasm for being involved in the energy transition sector, with like-minded professionals
- relevant professional experience in: financial services, such as Corporate Finance, Mergers and Acquisition, Infrastructure Advisory, Transaction Services, Deals Modelling or Valuations, financially astute engineers that have assessed project economics will also be highly regarded
- experience with the Australian energy sector is viewed favourably but not a necessity
- motivated individual who enjoys working collaboratively on multiple priorities, working within a high performing team.
ARENA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered.
How to apply
For a confidential conversation, please contact Charlotte Warke on 0411 354 866 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
A major new report says four decarbonisation technologies, combined with renewable energy, can help the alumina industry to cut its carbon emissions by up to 98 per cent.
Transformative technologies are being developed with support from ARENA to deliver zero emissions steel production.