Demand responseProject Enel X Demand Response Project
This report provides an overview of the demand response provided by Enel X across New South Wales and Victoria for the ARENA Demand Response Trial. The knowledge shared is for the period between 1 December 2019 to 31 May 2020.
This report provides an overview of the demand response (“DR”) provided by Enel X and its customers across New South Wales and Victoria for the ARENA Demand Response Trial, and knowledge sharing pertaining to the following period: 1 December 2019 to 31 May 2020 (Program period #5)
Consistent with Enel X’s previous Knowledge Sharing Reports, this report:
- describes Enel X’s technology used to provide DR, including the software and hardware solutions used to monitor customer load and remotely initiate curtailment
- provides a summary of Enel X’s DR business model and the pricing structures and incentives for recruiting customers
- Enel X lists the various industries from which Enel X has recruited its commercial and industrial (C&I) customers. A full list of customer types and their general locations is in Appendix 1.
This report also sets out the knowledge and experiences gained by Enel X during the reporting period, including:
- Enel X details of the two test events in November 2019 (‘summer 19/20 test’) for Program Period #5 for its VIC and NSW portfolios
- Summary of lessons learnt from the operation of the project during this period, including Enel X’s reflections on customer demand levels from January to June, including any significant shifts in demand patterns as a direct or indirect result of COVID-19 restrictions (and therefore any impact on the demand response capacity available).
Note: the report is structured and labelled such that many section and subsection headers are verbatim prompts excerpted from the Knowledge Sharing Agreement (“KSA”) Enel X and ARENA agreed to. Use of these headers helps to ensure that Enel X has addressed all topics and included all information specified in the KSA.