Solar energyProject Fulcrum3D CloudCAM Solar Forecasting
Report: Fulcrum3D CloudCAM Solar Forecasting for the NEM Lessons Learnt Report 3 (PDF 135KB)
This Lessons Learnt Report outlines the key learnings Fulcrum3D has learnt in the period between October 2019 – January 2021.
Our forecasting models continue to be more accurate than ASEFS such that they pass AEMO’s accuracy requirements with respect to RMSE and MAE on 5-minute power production.
- Our Kidston forecast continues to be used in dispatch and is consistently outperforming ASEFS.
- The MP5F API is increasingly robust. A secure automated (or semi-automated) system for resetting passwords would be helpful.
- Overall forecast refinement is ongoing.
- Genex and UGL continue to be excellent project partners, we would like to
acknowledge their invaluable contribution.
- The project is on track to meet its outcomes.