This document presents the findings of reviews carried out by ITP Renewables in 2016 and 2018 of ARENA’s portfolio of solar research, development and pilot-scale demonstration projects, as well as associated PhD and Post-Doc Fellowship programs.
This report consolidates the results of reviews undertaken in 2016 (for projects up to end 2015) and 2018 (for projects up to end 2017) which aimed to collate, synthesise and document the rationale and outcomes associated with ARENA’s current and past portfolio of solar photovoltaic and solar thermal research and development projects.
A synopsis is to be provided of the rationale, activities undertaken, knowledge generated, lessons learnt and overall contribution of ARENA’s solar R&D projects and Fellowship program, in order to:
- Better communicate activities and achievements; and
- Better articulate significance and implications.
The report is to include:
- a summary of the key issues and trends in global solar R&D;
- summary of significant project outcomes and lessons learned;
- a selection of important project Case Studies;
- a specific assessment of the Fellowship program and how it has contributed to ARENA’s purpose.