Bioenergy / Energy from wasteProject Goulburn Bioenergy Project
This report quantifies the potential Australian biogas market size for industries including abattoirs, food processing, piggeries, dairies, egg farms, chicken broiler farms, cattle feed lots, mixed waste anaerobic digestion.
ReNu Energy’s Goulburn Bioenergy Project is supported by ARENA under the Advancing Renewables Program.
The project aligns with the goals of the Advancing Renewables Program Outcomes which includes:
- Increasing the value delivered by biogas renewable energy
- Anaerobic digestion and biogas production deliver high value renewable energy converting waste into electricity, leading to more sustainable agribusiness;
- The Goulburn Bioenergy Project will demonstrate dual fuelling utilising both biogas and mains gas for the purpose of minimising grid electricity consumption and charges, further increasing the value derived from renewable energy.
- Improving the commercial readiness of biogas renewable energy
- Biogas projects are considered best practice in Australia but not always implemented;
- Developed as a Build-Own-Operate-Maintain model (BOOM), ReNu Energy will sell power to the abattoir under a power purchase agreement (PPA). This will save the abattoir electricity costs whilst freeing up capital for the business. ReNu Energy’s BOOM model provides customers with an innovative implementation structure thus increasing the commercial readiness of biogas renewable energy;
- Through improving the commercial readiness of biogas renewable energy the Goulburn Bioenergy Project will increase confidence with owners of other facilities.