This document is produced upon completion of the second ERP Measure to serve as an update to interested parties and the general public on the progress that has been achieved thus far.
- Laing O’Rourke and ARENA have successfully demonstrated the world’s first fully re deployable solar-diesel hybrid plant – taking a concept from the drawing board to commercial demonstration in less than one year.
- Fabrication, transport, assembly and operation have all been successfully demonstrated, all without safety incident or damage to equipment.
- The demonstration plant is performing as per forecasts and has achieved a total system efficiency of 0.22810 litres of diesel fuel per kWh of electricity exported to the user.
- A survey has evidenced its positive impact on workforce morale, with 70 of 84 survey respondents agreeing with the statement “it is good to work for a company trying new technology on my project”.
- Laing O’Rourke and ARENA have now branded the system SunSHIFT and are in discussions around any future phase of collaboration in commercial roll-out.