Hydrogen energyProject APA Renewable Methane Demonstration Project
This report shares lessons learnt in the APA Renewable Methane Demonstration Project as it enters into the second phase of development in June 2020.
As the project entered into the second phase of development in June 2020, the country was still adapting to COVID 19 restriction. Adapting to the change the project team concentrated on the following five key areas in terms of key learnings during this phase of the project:
- Assess carefully the schedule risk of using international technology partners for time-critical aspects of the project. Acknowledge international logistics are very susceptible to disruptions.
- Assess carefully the use of international technology partners from an innovation/interaction perspective. Potentially embed sponsor people in technology partner teams to facilitate interaction.
- Carefully and extensively research Australian capability before choosing international technology partners. The logistical benefit of using Australian-based technology partners should be factored into the partner selection process.
APA and Southern Green Gas – Lessons Learnt Report #1
- Acknowledge the design changes that come from evolving product development. Put in place efficient change management processes.
- Assess carefully the cost/benefit of real time data collection for key testing programs.
- Be aware of quality of vacuum for MOF activation and adjust accordingly.