How the process works
ARENA is committed to providing a quality service and we see value in handling the less positive experience of our stakeholders. We are committed to fair and transparent dealings with customers and stakeholders.
More information can be found below:
- Our commitment
When managing your complaint ARENA will:
- Manage your personal and private information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
- Not discriminate against or disadvantage you for lodging a complaint or providing other feedback (if you think you may have been disadvantaged as a result of feedback you have given us, please let us know)
- Not charge you for the process
- Ensure it is resolved in a timely fashion
- Ensure it is addressed in an objective and unbiased manner
- Communicate its progress and provide indicative timings for progression
- Assist anyone wishing to make a complaint by directing them to follow the documented process.
More information: Complaints Handling Policy and Procedure (PDF 320KB)
- How to make a complaint
If you have already discussed your concerns with the ARENA worker involved and are not satisfied or you do not feel comfortable in doing so, then our formal process is available to you.
The most efficient way of making your submission is to use the online Complaint form.
Alternatively, you write to us with your complaint. Please include your name unless you wish to remain anonymous and details for how ARENA can contact you about your complaint.
Download a print version Complaint form (PDF 90KB)
Once complete, scan and email to email@example.com or post to GPO Box 643, Canberra ACT 2601.
- What will happen?
Your complaint will be handled in accordance with our Complaints Handling Policy and Procedure (PDF 320KB)
- How long will it take?
The length of time to investigate and resolve a submission will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues raised. As a guide, we have set the following time standards that we will aim to achieve in most cases:
- Record the submission and begin ARENA’s administration process within one working day
- Acknowledge receipt within 2 working days of receiving the submission and
- Respond within 20 working days of initial receipt.
If this timeframe is not possible, ARENA will provide an explanation for the delay.
- Further options
If you have completed each stage of our general complaints handling process and are still not satisfied, or you are dissatisfied at any time during the handling of your submission, you may wish to seek an external review through an alternative mechanism, such as:
A high-powered panel hosted by ARENA at COP27 explored ways Australia could become a world-leading renewable hydrogen powerhouse.
A major new report says four decarbonisation technologies, combined with renewable energy, can help the alumina industry to cut its carbon emissions by up to 98 per cent.