The project involves the Recipient facilitating the uptake of 1,000 battery electric vehicles (BEVs) by businesses and installation of 1,000 smart chargers – at least 1 charger for each BEV.
The Recipient is partnering with Custom Fleet to help business customers transition their fleets to BEVs through providing end-to-end fully managed BEV fleet management solutions. This will assist in accelerating the uptake of BEVs into business and fleets and also creating a large second hand market for BEVs.
The project activities include the delivery of:
- 1,000 BEVs leased to businesses;
- 1,000 smart chargers (one for each BEV); and
- knowledge sharing on the project and its outcomes.
The Project will achieve the following Outcomes:
- Provide insight on what is required to overcome the barriers to accelerate uptake of BEVs in business fleets.
- Provide insight on the value of smart charging in fleets to deliver cost effective outcomes for both businesses and the electricity system.
- Build supply chains for BEV charging and integration solutions, such that the industry is better positioned to accelerate uptake of BEVs once the tipping point is reached.
- Help make BEVs more affordable to Australians by increasing the number of BEVs available in the second-hand market.