How to Apply for Funding
- 1 Step 1 - Read the program guidelines
- 2 Step 2 - Observe the key dates
- 3 Step 3 - Prepare your response
Step 1 - Read the program guidelines
Funding Round GuidelinesThe Future Fuels Fund aims to address barriers to the roll out of new vehicle technologies.The first Round of the Future Fuels Fund will see $16.5m made available to fund battery electric vehicle (BEV) public fast charging infrastructure in capital cities and regional centres.ARENA defines a fast charging station as a publicly accessible location able to charge a BEV at 50kW or above. A full list of the eligible Geographic Zones, minimum installation requirements and funding available, is included in the Future Fuels Fund Round 1 Guidelines.The Future Fuels Fund Round 1 Guidelines describe the requirements that must be met to submit an eligible application and the process that will be used by ARENA to assess applications. Round 1 of the Future Fuels Fund is a one stage competitive process.
Information Session [Closed]ARENA hosted a virtual information session on 23 February 2021 for potential applicants, which included information about Round 1 and an opportunity to ask questions.
Step 2 - Observe the key dates
Key DatesKey dates for the Future Fuels Fund Round 1 are outlined below.
- Applications open: 15 February, 2021
- Information session: 23 February, 2021
- Application due date: 6 April 2021, 5:00 pm local time in Canberra, ACT
- Offer to Negotiate or Full Application Outcome: ARENA aims to issue outcome letters before 30 May, 2021. ARENA expects to finalise negotiation of Funding Agreements for successful Applicants by 30 June, 2021.
Please note these dates are subject to change at ARENA’s discretion.Step 3 - Prepare your response
Application Guidance3.1: Navigate to and create an account with the ARENANet portal.Back to top3.2: Select Future Fuels Fund from the program options when commencing your application. Refer to the Future Fuels Fund Round 1 Guidelines for the full list of required attachments that must be included with your application.3.3: Attach the following templates to your submission to be eligible for funding:
- Detailed Site Attachment (XLSX 22KB)
- Funding Agreement Compliance Table Template (DOCX 203KB)
Review the Future Fuels Fund Funding Agreement Template. If you do not agree with clauses or details record them in the Compliance Table Template. If you do agree, submit a blank document.
- Risk Management Plan Template (DOCX 1MB)
Applicants may use their own template if preferred.
Use these documents to assist with your application:
- Future Fuels Fund Round 1 Guidelines (PDF 836KB) | (DOCX 4MB)
Refer to this document for details regarding the Funding Round, assessment, timeline and information requirements
- Future Fuels Fund Funding Agreement Template (PDF 690KB) | (DOCX 203KB)
This includes the Knowledge Sharing Plan that all successful Applicants will be required to complete
- How to copy an application form in ARENANet (PDF 300KB)
A guide to assist applicants duplicate an application form should they wish to apply for multiple Geographic Zones.
QuestionsHave a question? Please refer to the FAQ document below in the first instance. If your question is not answered in this document please email email@example.com.
Frequently asked questions by Applicants will be added to the FAQ document.