- Lead Organisation
United Energy Distribution Pty LtdLocation
11 July 2017
30 June 2019
- Project PartnersNoneThis battery project was completed on 30 June 2019.
The Peak Demand Reduction using Solar and Storage project has successfully demonstrated a reduction in peak demand as an alternative solution for deferring network augmentation.
Aspects that UE investigated during 2017/2018 and 2018/2019 are as below:
- Developed operating modes for the systems including automated control algorithms;
- Investigated business models that could facilitate the deployment of storage to address network issues; and
- The outcomes from the dispatch events were complemented by ongoing market research in order to facilitate the provision of non-network solutions to system planners where network constraints are identified, and to feed into ongoing asset strategy development regarding the application of energy storage in a network context.
The final report provides full details including an economic assessment, the lessons learnt and recommendations for the future.
Read more about battery storage.
This project consists of:
- Name: Karl Edwards
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +61 (03) 8846 9954
Report: Residential Solar and Storage Program Interim Report
UE sought as a deliverable for this ARENA-funded project, to undertake a targeted deployment of solar PV and storage at customers’ premises that are connected to constrained (overloaded) distribution substations on the UE distribution network.