- Start date
13 April 2023
- Closing date
01 June 2023
Iron and Steel Research and Development Funding Round
- 1 Step 1 - Read the program guidelines
- 2 Step 2 - Observe the key dates
- 3 Step 3 - Prepare your response
The Iron and Steel Research and Development (R&D) Funding Round seeks to support the transition to low emissions iron and steel through innovative R&D in low emissions iron and steel technologies using Australian iron ore.
How it works
The Iron and Steel R&D Funding Round is a competitive funding round under our Transformative Research Accelerating Commercialisation (TRAC) Program. The Iron and Steel R&D Funding Announcement details the process we will use to fund projects under the TRAC Program. Key documents for the Iron and Steel R&D Funding Round include:
Key dates for the Iron and Steel R&D Funding Round are outlined below. Please note that these are subject to change at ARENA’s discretion. For more details, refer to the Funding Announcement.
- EOI Open Date: Thursday, 13 April 2023
- EOI Due Date: Thursday, 1 June 2023 at 5:00 PM Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
The dates represent the current timetable for the Iron and Steel R&D Funding Round. We retain the right to amend proposed timelines and stages of the Funding Round at our discretion.
How to apply
3.1: To submit your Expression of Interest (EOI), navigate to and create an account with the ARENANet Portal
Submit the following documents with your application:
- An attachment of up to four pages that describes technical aspects of the Project and any other important aspects of the Project that are not able to be addressed via the Application Form; including supporting justification for estimated performance against key metrics as outlined in Merit Criterion A as per the Iron and Steel R&D Funding Announcement.
- Iron and Steel R&D Funding Announcement (PDF 556KB)
- TRAC Program Guidelines (PDF 382KB)
- Funding Agreement Template (PDF 679KB) | (DOCX 178KB)
Got a question? Refer to the Frequently Asked Questions document below in the first instance. If your question is not answered in this document email email@example.com.
Please note: We will not provide assistance or collaboration on proposals during the EOI stage, but may update this FAQ document as needed, to provide further guidance.