Distributed energy resources
This report summarises the views expressed in the Distributed Energy Integration Program (DEIP) Access and Pricing Work Package consultations.
About the report
DEIP Access and Pricing Work Package
The Distributed Energy Integration Program (DEIP) Access and Pricing Work Package examines how network regulations could evolve so that consumers get the best value from innovations in distributed energy.
The outcomes report summarises the views expressed throughout consultations held in 2019. It highlights areas of strong stakeholder alignment that governments, market bodies, regulators can consider when undertaking distributed energy access and pricing reforms.
The report is the result of an industry consultation process led by Total Environment Centre and the Australian Council of Social Service under the DEIP. The consultation included three workshops attended by 120 continuing participants and six reference group meetings attended by 30 industry representatives. The process was also supported by expert regulatory analysis and led by a Working Group consisting of:
- Australian Council of Social Service (ACOSS)
- Australian Energy Market Commission (AEMC)
- Australian Energy Regulator (AER)
- Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)
- Energy Consumers Australia (ECA)
- Energy Networks Australia (ENA)
- Public Interest Advocacy Centre (PIAC)
- Total Environment Centre (TEC)