Large-scale solarProject AGL Solar Project
Report: AGL Solar Project Feedback and Areas for Improvement (PDF 145KB)
Feedback and areas for improvement report for the AGL Solar Project at Nyngan and Broken Hill.
Given that Nyngan and Broken Hill were one of the first Australian utility scale solar plants to be commissioned, there was no pool of experienced operators to draw from, or external educational institutions providing comprehensive training to be found locally.
Operators are expected to:
- Monitor operation of the plant
- Plan maintenance activities – sampling, testing, adjustment, calibration, etc.
- Carry out planned and unplanned maintenance and upgrades of equipment and the plant
- Respond to Plant alarms, while on site or on call
- Liaise with Network Operators
Particular knowledge/ experience needed are:
- Knowledge of solar plant operations
- Understanding of electrical characteristics of photovoltaics including live working during all daylight hours
- HV switching certification/ credentials