Wind energyProject Wind Forecasting for the NEM
Report: Fulcrum3D Wind Forecasting for the NEM Lessons Learnt 3 (PDF 750KB)
The Fulcrum3D Wind Forecasting Lessons Learnt Report outlines the key learnings Fulcrum 3D has learnt in the period between October 2019 – January 2021.
- Our forecasting model continues to be more accurate than AWEFS such that it has passed AEMO’s accuracy requirements with respect to RMSE and MAE on 5 minute power production.
- MP5F API status for the three Pacific Hydro wind farms involved in this project:
- Clements Gap – submitting unsuppressed forecasts
- Taralga – submitting unsuppressed forecasts in the assessment phase
- Crowlands – registered.
- The MP5F API is increasingly robust. A secure automated (or semi-automated) system for resetting passwords would be helpful. A published API connection process with worked examples would also be helpful.
- Overall forecast refinement is ongoing.
- It was hoped that remote SCADA access would streamline the forecast process but at Taralga we found that the system did not have the availability that is required for such a real-time application.
- Pacific Hydro continue to be excellent project partners, we would like to acknowledge their invaluable contribution.
- The project is on track to meet its outcomes.