How to get involved
OverviewARENA is developing a roadmap to identify the role that the bioenergy sector can play in Australia’s energy transition and in helping Australia further reduce our emissions. The Bioenergy Roadmap will help to inform the next series of investment and policy decisions in the bioenergy sector in Australia.
An effective Bioenergy Roadmap requires a broad stakeholder consultation process where the views of businesses, research groups, industry associations, community groups, governments and individuals are considered.
On behalf of ARENA, ENEA Consulting and Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu will seek input from people and organisations with an interest in the bioenergy sector across a range of forums. The following input is sought:
Have a question? Please refer to the FAQ document below in the first instance. If your question is not answered in this document please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently asked questions
These FAQs will be updated as required.
Call for submissions
ARENA is calling for submissions from businesses, research groups, industry associations, community groups, governments and individuals seeking their views regarding bioenergy in Australia. In particular, views are sought regarding:
- opportunities where the bioenergy sector in Australia may have a competitive advantage, which may include:
- the role of biofuels to help decarbonise the industrial and transport sectors and contribute to Australia’s liquid fuel security
- opportunities to decarbonise the gas network
- bioenergy opportunities for heat, steam and power
- current economic and regulatory impediments to the development of the bioenergy sector in Australia
- understanding of markets, technologies, resources, social & environmental factors underpinning the current and potential bioenergy sector
- insights into the economic opportunities for Australia, including a focus on regional Australia
- any other relevant factors that should be considered in the development of the roadmap.
Key dates for submissionsKey dates to consider when making your submission into the Bioenergy Roadmap are outlined below. ARENA reserves the right to amend the submission deadline.
- Tuesday 28 April 2020 – Call for submissions opens
- Friday 29 May 2020, 5:00pm AEST – Call for submissions closes (Submission Deadline)
How to make your submission
- Before preparing your submission, download and refer to Bioenergy Roadmap Call for Submissions (PDF 377KB) | (DOCX 5MB)
- Please check that your submission aligns with the requirements outlined in the ‘Call for submissions’ document, then click the link below to make your submission.
WorkshopsAs part of developing the Bioenergy Roadmap, we will be undertaking a series of consultation workshops to consider specific bioenergy topics. These workshops have now closed. Interested parties should also note that they can provide submissions directly via the provide submissions directly via the Call for Submissions option.
Key Dates for workshops (Closed)
- Tuesday 28 April 2020 – Workshop expression of interest opens
- Monday 11 May 2020, 5:00pm AEST – Workshop expression of interest closes
- Thursday 21 May 2020, 5:00pm AEST – Open-invitation workshop registration closes