About the EV workstream
The Electric Vehicle Grid Integration Workstream is considering how a growing number of electric vehicles can best be integrated into Australia’s electricity system.
Our purpose is to:
- provide a central forum for key industry and government stakeholders to collaborate and coordinate EV activities
- approach EVs from an energy sector perspective but with transport and infrastructure partners
- promote policy and regulatory development before wide scale EV adoption begins.
Following a discovery phase to identify risks and opportunities in late 2019, the EV Working Group agreed to focus on four priority areas:
- EV data availability
- Standards development
- Residential tariffs and incentives
- High capacity tariffs and connections
The Electric Vehicle Grid Integration Workstream Group consists of nine organisations:
- Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)
- Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO)
- Australian Energy Regulator (AER)
- Australian Energy Market Commission (AEMC)
- Electric Vehicle Council (EVC)
- Australian Energy Council (AEC)
- Energy Networks Australia (ENA)
- The Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (DISER)
- Energy Consumers Australia (ECA)
Government Roadmap charts a course for Australian bioenergy with $33.5 million funding boost.
Get insider knowledge with the latest findings from ARENA’s project portfolio.
As well as helping companies to meet their customers’ sustainability expectations, SEA Electric’s Bill Gillespie tells us the growth of electric trucks offers fleet operators a way to make “extreme” savings on their fuel bills.