About the EV workstream
Our purpose is to:
- provide a central forum for key industry and government stakeholders to collaborate and coordinate EV activities
- approach EVs from an energy sector perspective but with transport and infrastructure partners
- promote policy and regulatory development before wide scale EV adoption begins.
Following a discovery phase to identify risks and opportunities in late 2019, the EV Working Group agreed to focus on four priority areas:
- EV data availability
- Standards development
- Residential tariffs and incentives
- High capacity tariffs and connections
The Electric Vehicle Grid Integration Workstream Group consists of nine organisations:
- Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)
- Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO)
- Australian Energy Regulator (AER)
- Australian Energy Market Commission (AEMC)
- Electric Vehicle Council (EVC)
- Australian Energy Council (AEC)
- Energy Networks Australia (ENA)
- The Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (DISER)
- Energy Consumers Australia (ECA)
Solar and wind are still the cheapest new electricity generation, with the cost of hydrogen electrolysers predicted to fall sharply.
An innovative energy storage technology will be scaled up in north-western Victoria.
Jemena sees the certification scheme as a first step towards a renewable gas target.