02 October 2014
- Project International Energy Agency's Bioenergy Program
ARENA is providing $360,000 to Bioenergy Australia to help shape the global research and knowledge agenda for the developing bioenergy industry.
Project funding will enable Bioenergy Australia to extend its participation in the International Energy Agency’s Bioenergy program.
Bioenergy Australia will participate in five key areas:
- Energy from Biogas
- Climate Change Effects of Biomass and Bioenergy Systems
- Commercialising Conventional and Advanced Liquid Biofuels from Biomass
- Biorefining: Sustainable Processing of Biomass into a Spectrum of Marketable Bio-based Products and Bioenergy
- Biomass Feedstocks for Energy Markets.
The two-way information sharing will be invaluable to the international bioenergy industry and research community as well as benefit bioenergy projects being deployed across Australia.
Bioenergy Australia will be holding a series of knowledge sharing activities in the coming months.