- Lead Organisation
Sydney, New South WalesARENA Program
- Start Date
- Project PartnersUniversity of the Sunshine Coast, University of Southern Queensland, University of New England, Monash University, BioIndustry Partners Pty LtdThis bioenergy project was completed on 31 January 2019.
The International Energy Agency’s Bioenergy Program project involves Bioenergy Australia extending its participation in the International Energy Agency’s Bioenergy program. It will help shape the global research and knowledge agenda for the developing bioenergy industry.
Bioenergy Australia will participate in five key areas within the International Energy Agency’s Bioenergy program:
- Energy from Biogas
- Climate Change Effects of Biomass and Bioenergy Systems
- Commercialising Conventional and Advanced Liquid Biofuels from Biomass
- Biorefining: Sustainable Processing of Biomass into a Spectrum of Marketable Bio-based Products and Bioenergy
- Biomass Feedstocks for Energy Markets.
The two-way information sharing will be invaluable to the international bioenergy industry and research community as well as benefit bioenergy projects being deployed across Australia.