- Lead Organisation
Canberra, Australian Capital TerritoryARENA Program
29 May 2018
15 July 2022
- Project PartnersNoneThis renewables project was completed on 15 July 2022.
Bioenergy Australia will represent Australia on the International Energy Agency (IEA) Technology Collaboration Programme (TCP) on Bioenergy.
Bioenergy opportunities in Australia are not well understood by many groups including policy makers, potential users of bioenergy and the wider community. Engagement and presence in the IEA TCPs is important for the continued development of the sector.
By representing Australia on the IEA TCP on Bioenergy, Bioenergy Australia will build up the store of publicly available data and knowledge in Australia on bioenergy technologies, systems, deployments and economics, with the view to increasing deployment of bioenergy solutions in Australia.
This activity supports the two-way exchange of information with relevant Australian industry groups and the research community to keep up with the latest international developments while showcasing Australian innovation and expertise. Bioenergy Australia will also share international achievements with domestic industry and policy makers. Lessons learnt from international scenarios include successful bioenergy systems and a variety of policy examples that include bioenergy in the renewables sector. Bioenergy Australia will use these learnings to support the development of a bio-economy in Australia by connecting and informing people and by supporting the Government with policy development. In addition, through involvement in the IEA Bioenergy Executive Committee, Bioenergy Australia will ensure topics relevant to the Australian context are included in the global agenda for bioenergy.
Through its involvement in the IEA Bioenergy program, Bioenergy Australia aims to:
- Develop and disseminate relevant industry materials in collaboration with IEA representatives to support increased understanding of bioenergy solutions in Australia
- Increase technical knowledge, understanding and confidence of the Australian Bioenergy Industry through sharing international case studies, policy advancements, technology advancements, project concepts and Australian R&D with members of the IEA task groups
- Increase access to national and international IEA material, such as country reports, technology roadmaps, workshop summaries and other relevant knowledge that can be distributed to the Australian industry
- Access successful regulatory mechanisms to support bioenergy projects.
This project consists of:
- Name: Shahana Mckenzie, CEO
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +61 439 555 764