- Lead Organisation
THE ENERGY LABORATORY LIMITEDLocation
1 October 2023
1 February 2027
- Project PartnersUniversity of Technology Sydney (UTS), Impact Ventures Partners Pty. Limited, Endeavour Energy Network Operator Partnership, Amber Electric Pty Ltd, Aurora Energy Pty Ltd, Tasmanian Networks Pty Ltd, Fotowatio Renewable Ventures S.L., Australian Energy Market Operator Limited, CalCEF Innovations dba New Energy Nexus, FCW Lawyers Pty Ltd, KPMG Australia Pty Limited
The grant will be used to deliver the ‘Entrepreneurial Support for the Cleantech Startup Ecosystem’ project.
The funding aims to support and develop Australia’s renewable energy startup ecosystem by addressing the current lack of support for early-stage clean energy startups in Australia. Providing the right support for founders will be a key element in Australia becoming a renewable energy superpower.
EnergyLab works to address the mission of supporting emerging climate tech startups to overcome the barriers they face when scaling novel technologies and solutions. The following Energylab programs will be supported by ARENA fundingfor 4 years ARENA:
- Women in Climate and Energy Fellowship
- Climate Solutions Accelerator
- Energy Scaleup program
- The EnergyLab mentor network
- EnergyLab Angels
The project will:
- help bridge the commercialisation gap (at times referred to as the “startup valley of death”) for early-stage startups in the clean energy industry
- stimulate the renewable energy ecosystem and assist in seeding the ARENA pipeline and/or private investment.
By supporting EnergyLab, ARENA is helping to support the growth of the Climate Tech ecosystem in Australia and build the network of investors, mentors, angels and startups that will ultimately help to decarbonise the planet.
- Name: Samantha Wood, Operations & Partnerships Manager
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0433 807 774