- Lead Organisation
Australian PV InstituteLocation
Kensington, New South WalesARENA Program
1 May 2018
14 March 2023
- Project PartnersUniversity of New South Wales, Sustainable Energy Transformation
This project supports Australian representation on the International Energy Agency (IEA) Solar Heating and Cooling (SHC) Technology Collaboration Programme. It aims to promote the use of all aspects of solar thermal energy and coordinate Australia’s engagement in the initiative.
Heating and cooling are key energy drivers. The IEA SHC programme promotes the use of solar thermal energy by engaging in research and development of components, materials and design, and by raising political and public awareness. Focus areas include price reductions, thermal energy storage, rating and certification, quality assurance and support measures for solar cooling, and solar energy in urban planning.
As part of the programme, the Australian PV Institute will prepare reports and analysis on:
- solar energy and architecture
- compact thermal energy storage
- rating and certification procedures
- solar resource assessment
- solar renovation of non-residential buildings
- quality assurance and support measures for solar cooling
- solar process heat for production and advanced applications
- advanced lighting solutions for retrofitting urban buildings
- solar energy in urban planning.
This project aims to:
- engage the Australian SHC industry and research community to actively participate in the programme. At least four Australian experts will be active on IEA SHC Tasks and will contribute to research knowledge sharing outcomes
- increase knowledge sharing by participating in Australian workshops, forums and knowledge sharing opportunities. At least four events will be reported on annually
- promote Australian expertise to the international sector, in particular through services that will lead to new markets and opportunities. At least one communications product, report of outcomes or case study will be developed annually.
This project consists of:
- Name: Ken Guthrie, Director
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +61 412 178 955
Taking Australia's renewable energy innovators to the world...
Australia can boast some of the best researchers in the world when it comes to renewable energy and ARENA has long been committed to helping bring their ideas to life.