- Lead Organisation
Australian PV InstituteLocation
Kensington, New South WalesARENA Program
1 May 2018
30 December 2022
- Project PartnersUniversity of New South Wales, Ekistica, Sunwiz
This project supports Australian representation on the International Energy Agency (IEA) PV Power Systems (PVPS) Technology Collaboration Programme. It aims to increase the use of solar PV by delivering quality research, data and information and by coordinating Australia’s engagement in the initiative.
Solar PV is the largest single form of new energy generation installed worldwide and is positioned to be the single largest generator as old power plants retire and demand grows.
Australia leads the world on distributed rooftop solar and is well placed to lead on distributed battery storage, while the rest of the world has led with significant investments in centralised plants.
The world is moving toward a low emissions future with a significant contribution from solar. Participation in the IEA PVPS program provides a forum for exchange of ideas, opportunities, challenges and lessons learnt in this energy transition.
Building on over 5 years of history and activity of over 30 Australian experts, this project will promote Australia’s achievements on the global stage, build relationships and ensure that Australian perspectives on PV Power Systems are well represented internationally and international learnings are communicated locally.
The objectives for this activity will be achieved by the:
- engagement of the research community and industry by actively participating in the programme. At least four Australian experts will be active on IEA PVPS Tasks by contributing to research on the program and sharing knowledge.
- increase knowledge through participating in Australian workshops, forums and knowledge sharing opportunities. At least four events will be reported on annually.
- promotion Australian expertise to the international sector, in particular through services that will lead to new markets and opportunities. This will be evidenced by communications and reports of outcomes or examples through case studies (at least one per year).
This project consists of:
- Name: Renate Egan, Secretary
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +61 408 223 653