15 April 2020
26 May 2020
How to Apply for Funding
- 1 Step 1 - Read the program guidelines
- 2 Step 2 - Observe the key dates
- 3 Step 3 - Prepare your response
Funding Round Guidelines
In 2019, ARENA announced the Renewable Hydrogen Development Funding Round of up to $70 million to help fast track the development of renewable hydrogen in Australia.
This initiative follows the release of the National Hydrogen Strategy and is in line with the Australian Government’s focus on growing an innovative, safe and competitive hydrogen industry in Australia.
How it works
The Updated Funding Announcement details the process ARENA will use to fund two or more large-scale hydrogen production projects under the Advancing Renewables Program (ARP). The Funding Round is a competitive process as defined in the ARP Guidelines, and clauses 4.27 to 4.32 apply. The Updated Funding Announcement should be read in conjunction with the ARP Guidelines below (which apply to the funding round).
Full Application Due Date
Applicants invited by ARENA must submit full applications by Wednesday 20 January 2021, 5:00pm AEDT.
- Seven shortlisted for $70 million hydrogen funding round
- ARENA gets cracking on commercial scale hydrogen
Key dates for the Renewable Hydrogen Deployment Funding Round are outlined below. Please note these are subject to change at ARENA’s discretion. For more details, please refer to the Updated Funding Announcement (PDF 480KB) | (DOCX 1MB).
- Wed 20 January 2021, 5:00pm AEDT – Full Application due
- Tues 26 May 2020 – EOI close
- Wed 15 April 2020 – EOI open
We aim to issue outcome letters from the Full Application stage prior to 30 April 2021
The dates represent the current timetable for the Funding Round. ARENA retains the right to amend proposed timelines and stages or alter any element of the Funding Round at its discretion. ARENA will monitor the COVID-19 situation as the Funding Round progresses. If ARENA deems it beneficial to achieving the objectives of the Funding Round, ARENA may extend or change the timetable.
Application guidance documents
Applicants invited to submit a full application are required to fill in an online application form via ARENA’s Grants Management System, ARENANet and submit the following attachments:
- Updated Funding Announcement (PDF 480KB) | (DOCX 1MB)
- Funding Agreement Compliance Table (DOCX 200KB)
- Funding Agreement Template (PDF 758KB) | (DOCX 203KB)
- Knowledge Sharing Plan (DOCX 1MB)
- Risk Management Plan Template (DOCX 163KB)
Use these documents to assist you with your application:
Have a question? Please refer to the FAQ document below in the first instance. If your question is not answered in this document please email email@example.com.
Frequently asked questions
These FAQs will be updated regularly.